- Band Travels to Owasso Contest
- Band Wins Big At Bixby
- Band Travels to Union, Crowns Royalty
- The Next Band in 5A
- Band Season Highlights, OSSAA Regionals
- Long Awaited Band Uniforms Arrive
- Exciting Changes in the High School Band
- Small Band Makes Top 10 In Big Contest! Crimson Cadets At Broken Arrow Invitational
- Collinsville Crimson Cadets Bands of America Sendoff
- Crimson Cadets Sweeping The States!
The Collinsville band is hustling back to set as they prepare for the upcoming “Bands of America” contest, this fall break. It will take place in St. Louis, Missouri, where bands from all around the nation will be traveling to make their mark in the competition.
It’s been years since the band since the band has competed in BOA but the students are pumped and working harder than ever to do their best.
“We started directing here two years ago and we’re confident the students are ready for this level of competition,”said the head band director, Mr. Mackey.
However, the band didn’t make this decision compulsively. They put in their time to improve as much as they have. The ensemble started rehearsing two weeks before school from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. the second week. Now they rehearse every morning and as much as nine extra hours through out the week and they see results.
“The staff is pretty excited. This small ensemble has the sound of an average 6-A band and we have a professional marcher and 3 very talented guard vets helping our students.” said brass director, Mr. Early.
The band will continue full speed ahead and give it their all in St. Louis. Come show your support at varsity football games where the band performs their 2017-2018 show “Wild” as they add on bit by bit every week.